About Journey Coworking
Journey Coworking is centrally located on the corner of Levander Loop and Cesar Chavez in East Austin. Before it was one of Austin’s premier coworking spaces, it was a lighting warehouse but has since been redesigned and repurposed from the ground up to fit the needs of the 140 coworkers it can accommodate.
The old redone warehouse look, designed by local architect Mark Odom, makes for a space with beautiful aesthetics. Enter through the door, walk past the front desk and then a few modern offices, and the room opens up into a communal area complete with a black sofa. There are big, modern desks tuck away against the walls and more office spaces at the far end of the room.
Additional office and coworking space is built on the mezzanine floor above. A ring of windows wraps around the upper level letting in scores of natural lights. All in all, the well-planned, modern architecture and furniture make for an unique space. It’s the little things, like how the desks are all arranged so that no one has their back to a window, that bring it all together.
Membership with Journey Coworking
The other main area includes a square granite bar with unlimited beer and coffee. This is called the ‘Social Space.’ Depending on the time of day, the bar is used as a standing desk – or just as a bar. A mural is painted on the walls and booth style desks are tucked away in a little alcove. This space is where workers who have purchased the “social membership” option work. It gives them access to networking opportunities, entrance to all the recreational areas, community events, and unlimited snacks, coffee, and beer.
The next stage of membership is for coworkers that want a desk. This level of membership lets coworkers use more facilities – like the study, which is quiet, private space complete with call pods, conference room, lounges, and come and go desks. There are also nap pods which everyone can use. They are basically just mattresses on the floor for people in need of some shut eye.
Journey Coworking’s Spaces and Facilities
For small teams and companies, the offices and dedicated desks are a home in Journey Coworking where everything is taken care of. They come with opportunities for collaboration and meeting clients, partners, and mentors.
Journey Coworking provides a high-end coworking experience, and there are some innovative features that come with the additional monthly price. Showers, lockers rooms, and bike racks make it easy to get some exercise on the way to the office. And this trend of work life balance is fundamental to the coworking company.
There is a community garden and an outdoor recreation area which all helps to get away from the screen for a few hours. Journey Coworking membership also includes access to its rotating, on-site food trucks. There is also plenty of parking and a dog-friendly backyard.
Journey Coworking’s Community and Events
Journey Coworking is made up of a tightly knit community of professionals, and there are many opportunities to network with them. From just hovering around the bar with free beer and snacks to engaging in one of the events, seminars, or getting to know fellow coworkers in the communal area.
In addition, Journey Coworking has a strong emphasis on social events. They have a dedicated classroom and frequently ask guest speakers and success stories, from the Austin business community, to teach and weigh in on issues.
- Drinks and snacks
- Private conference rooms
- Parking lot
- Restaurants and retail nearby
- Happy hour
- Sleeping pods
- Rotating food rrucks on-site
- Wellness & meditation area
- Event space
- Lounge area
- Conference rooms
- Community events
- Onsite staff
- Onsite restaurant
Pricing & Packages
- Perfect for the entrepreneur who wants to network
- Access to all Journey Coworking events
- Includes unlimited yoga & meditation classes
- Unlimited snacks, coffee, and beer
- Includes all perks of a Social Membership
- Ideal for startup teams, lean agencies, creative collaborators who don’t need access to a dedicated desk
- Places to focus, play, & unplug. Expand your network to VC’s, employees, & future hires
- Unlimited access to conference rooms, lounges, and various seating & standing desk options
- Includes all perks of a Common Desk membership
- Secure storage & brand stand at a guaranteed desk
- Best for freelancers, contractors, lean teams of 2-3, & remote employees
- Opportunities for collaboration and meeting clients, partners, and mentors
Starting at $1200.00/mo.
- Private secure office with brand signage on door & desks for your teams of 2 to 20
- Great for late series stage startup teams, agencies, satellite Fortune 500 companies
- 1-3 year memberships available
- Private space to hold meetings, mix with local companies, & break from the ‘grind’